PET Film Substrate Manufacturing
A Winning Combination
You visualize new ideas, products, and materials. We can bring them to life using Kodak films.
Why should your vision be built on Kodak's capabilities? Kodak brings experienced process development, manufacturing, and standardized commercialization processes. Our success is the result of sophisticated technology, outstanding quality that meets precise optical requirements, and a steadfast commitment to health, safety and the environment. We have over 100 years of expertise in manufacturing coated films.
Let Kodak offer your business the opportunity to achieve similar success by building on Kodak Estar film products. Our workforce follows stringent standards— a Six Sigma Black Belt focus on quality, a rigorous change management process, statistical design approaches, and unsurpassed manufacturing process control. These design processes enable us to create complex film bases that meet your specific needs.
Success, both yours and ours, extends beyond just our ability to manufacture a consistent high-quality product in North America. Reliability means we deliver high-quality products to your facility—on time.
For more than 50 years Kodak has manufactured Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
films. Our extensive film manufacturing knowledge is now available to you as a base to build your products and applications upon.
- In-line coatings—up to 3 coatings per side of sheet
- Optical grade
- Good thermal dimensional stability
- One or two-sided in-line coating offers opportunity for reduced cost versus off-line coatings
- Surface quality—products are manufactured with minimal surface contact and then scanned to meet the stringent requirements for optical applications
- Dimensional stability—as low as 0.2% dimensional change